Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Step One

This is my first ever blog.  It is an experiment, and I'm really not sure if anybody will be interested in my diet and exercise habits, but I feel like if I have people to share this journey with, I will have a greater chance of reaching my goals.  So today, I will share where I'm starting, where I want to be and how I intend to get there.  In the days to come I will tell you about my successes, my struggles, my setbacks and my time spent exercising.

Here are my stats as of today:
Height-5'3"
Weight-123 lbs
Bust-32"
Waist- 26.5"
Hips- 36.5"  OUCH!

Here are my goals:
Weight- 117 lbs
Bust- I'd like this measurement to stay the same, but I know it won't.  I always lose there and end up with boy boobies, but that's a price I'll have to pay, I guess.
Waist- 25"
Hips- 33"  This is definitely my problem area, and I'm not sure if I can get to this measurement without making the rest of me too thin, so this is a flexible goal.

There are a few things I feel like I should lay out here, some guidelines for myself.  I will not risk my health to reach these goals.  I want to be a healthy, energetic mother and wife, these things are my priorities.  Should I get close to these goals and it becomes clear that reaching them will put me at risk or make me less than I can be for my family, I will call it quits.  I intend to eat lots, I will not starve to reach my goals.  I will not let my daily tasks slip in order to reach these goals.  I will take breaks to let my body recover.  I will always try to keep in mind that my God created me and lives in me, therefor what I do to myself must be pleasing to Him.  Keeping this in perspective will help me to stay on track without going overboard.   

Here is my plan:
I am going to do the P90X routine, and log my calories daily.  I use caloriecount.about.com to do this and I find it VERY helpful.  I also spend time outside every day walking our dogs and walking Hannah to school and back and on weekends walking dogs for the shelter.  On days when I feel I just don't want to listen to Tony Horton I will substitute another workout such as Ripped! with Jari Love or Insanity with Shaun T. or my Jillian Michaels workout.  Please share your goals and successes with me too, to keep me motivated by commenting on the blog.  Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. Way to go, Girl! If anyone can do it, I know you can!! I'm back on track tomorrow. Having trouble breathing and I'm EXTREMELY exhausted! It's weird. I feel like exactly like I did the two (or was it three) times I've had pneumonia, but without the coughing. Anyway...rambling! You are awesome! And are you going to the Zumba thing on Friday?

    ReplyDelete
  2. And fix your follower thingy so I can do that! Please.

    ReplyDelete